Many mortgage professionals wait until they hit rock bottom before they realize they need to change their approach to business. How can you prevent yourself from continuing to do activities that don’t bring you any success? How can you get to the next level without putting in more work? On this episode, the legendary Devon Peterson shares how he tripled his loan production in 2 months.
Don’t scale back your lifestyle to tell yourself a lie that it’s okay. -Devon Peterson
- Quit having a scarcity mentality- approach real estate agents offering to help them and bring them business. You’ll benefit in the long run.
- Raise your standards and refuse to accept anything lower. Tolerating poor results will only allow you to continue in the cycle.
- Optimism can only get you so far: make sure you’re taking effective steps and not repeating the wrong steps.
At the start of the episode, Devon shared his background and explained why he decided to pursue a career in mortgage. After mentioning that he hit a slump a few years ago, Devon told us how he got back on track to create the life he wanted.
We also discussed:
- Creating positive pressure
- Keeping in mind your motivators
- Why you need to stop worrying about the long run and just get started
Failing to meet your goals only happens when you’re not working towards them. The reality is, if you’re not reaching your goals it’s probably because you’re not putting enough pressure on yourself. The secret to success lies in your decision to work effectively and take things one step at a time. Your ability to get it done relies solely on you and your mindset.