For many mortgage pros, the relationship they share with Realtors is one of complete dependence. This gets complicated when the Realtor doesn’t have the same level of motivation as the lender. How can you stop being reliant on under-ambitious Realtors and start attracting the top dogs whose motivation matches yours? Is there a way for you to stop using all your energy making appointments with bottom-feeding agents? On this episode, I outline the steps you can take to get the results you deserve.
Build a tribe of superstars. You’ll not only have a lot more fun, but also a lot more funds.- Doren Aldana
- Working harder is not always the answer. If you’ve been putting in the hard yards and you’re still not seeing results, you need to rethink your strategy.
- Aim to gain motivated, top producers as your partners. There is no use working with people if your ambition dwarfs theirs.
- Focus on what makes you unique and valuable. The best way to partner with top producers is by making them realize you’re not only the best choice, but the only choice.
On this episode, I share the story of a client whose hard work was not paying off. It turns out, nothing was working because she wasn’t proving she was indispensable. As I point out, highlighting your unique capabilities is crucial if you want to get ahead.
I also covered:
- The necessity for building relationships with your partners.
- Why you have to bring value in multiple areas.
- Why it’s more effective to have deep connections with a smaller group of top producers than weak connections with a wide database.
Traditionally, mortgage professionals have been taught that the best way forward is by making cold calls and setting up appointments with as many Realtors as possible. The problem is that you’re likely to spend more of your time, only to end up making weak connections with under-ambitious agents that don’t guarantee any loyalty. Why jump through extra hoops when modern technology provides an alternative? You can start establishing better relationships with top producers and begin to see better results. Identify what makes you uniquely valuable, and you’re already a step in the right direction.