We’re all told that massive success takes years of grind and personal sacrifices. How do some business owners reach their goals faster than others? What role does mentorship play in finding shortcuts to success? What are some of the most common sales tactics that aren’t worth doing? And what should we do instead? In this episode, Jason Cope shares how he learned to focus on effective tactics, enjoy his work, and grow his business from almost nothing to $1M per month.
You just have to work smarter, not harder. -Jason Cope
- Cold calling works, but it isn’t the best tactic. It takes a lot of time, and in the end, very few people are interested in working with us after cold calling.
- We should focus on prioritizing who we call. Not all of the people in our database have the same problems.
- If we choose our business partners only based on profit potential, we might end up miserable because we have to interact with people we don’t like on a regular basis.
At the beginning of the episode, we talked about why cold calling occasionally works, but also how it can make our journey to success more painful. Next, we talked about prioritizing certain contacts in our database and surrounding ourselves with people who energize us and make our job more fulfilling.
We also covered:
- Why we need to ditch the idea that only hard work and grind leads to results
- How automating mundane tasks can give us more free time
- Why we should strive for progress, not perfection
The first investment we have to make is in ourselves. Building habits that grow our knowledge and make us more confident are essential to success. We have to become more intentional with how we spend our time instead of using our free hours to watch Netflix. Reading more, meditating, and practicing visualization are all ways we can improve ourselves and become better in all aspects of life.
Jason Cope is a loan consultant with a background in commercial real estate. He has experience in global financial markets, procurement processes, and loan valuations. His aggressive marketing tactics combined with a deep understanding of his market enabled him to help many of his clients get the home of their dreams.
You can learn more about Jason here.