Our mortgage companies, brokers and managers promise to be the one-stop solution for all our business needs, but when it comes to marketing, they will always fall short, no matter how much they try. What factors make them ill-equipped to help us really win at the marketing game? Should we be trusting them to take care of our databases? What should we do about our marketing instead? On this episode, you’ll learn why your company will never be able to help you get the breakthrough you want in your marketing efforts.
If you do ordinary things and you come from an ordinary premise, you’re going to get ordinary results. -Doren Aldana
- Your mortgage company can’t give you what they don’t have. They don’t have the specialized expertise to really help you. They are ill-equipped to help you get your breakthrough because all their methods have been filtered through compliance.
- What worked 10-20 years ago doesn’t work anymore. If your company isn’t continuously evolving, their marketing tactics will fall short.
- Cookie cutter crap methods produce cookie cutter crap results.
- Your company is made up of mortgage experts, not marketing experts, so they won’t be able to get you on the cutting edge of your marketing.
At the start of the show, I talked about the delusional optimism many mortgage officers have when it comes to their companies. I shared why they will never get to the root cause of your struggle in marketing, and how compliance and a lack of specialized knowledge contributes to this issue. I also talked about the career suicide decision many LOs make.
We also discussed:
- The importance of high level mindset training
- The lacklustre, insufficient and inadequate tactics many companies use
- Productivity vs. activity